I wish this was some huge Sephora haul featuring a truckload of products I’ve been desperate to get my hands on for months and months and months. Instead, it’s my mini make up haul featuring mostly gifts and the few items I managed to purchase during my recent travels. Although I was in Europe during the peak sale season, I had very little time to actually shop. Everything I purchased, be it make-up, skincare products or clothing, was done in a frantic rush. The swarms of people only added to my chaos with the high demand products selling out in record speed. Probably a whole bunch of foreigners from countries like SA where we get squat but hey, the jokes still on me for not being proactive and buying online.
Anyway, all that aside, I had a wonderful time. I explored parts of England that I never bothered with before. This trip taught me how often we take our hometown for granted and in the process miss out on the greatest of experiences. Tourists that make their way to Cape Town have probably seen more of it than I have in my 8 years of living here so I guess it’s high time I changed that..
ANYWAYYYY. I’m drifting. Those of you who know me personally know my tendency to do just that in just about every conversation. So without further ado here is an image and my review on the latest additions to my make-up collection:
- Huda Beauty Contour & Strobe Lip Set – I bagged two of these sets ❤ (Thank you Sana & Aliza!) I got the shade Bombshell & Ritzy combo and Trendsetter & SnobbySlay. The sets come with a lip contour and liquid matte in the same shade as well as strobe color to match, kinda. They are also presented in an adorable Lip-shaped container that just screams Huda Beauty. Both Bombshell & Trendsetter are gorgeous shades. The liquid lipstick is super creamy and hella long lasting. You can demolish a burger with that on, trust me I’ve tried. While I do own a liquid matte already, I’ve never had a lip contour from her collection and I was pleasantly surprised at the longevity and plumping effect. The strobe shades are insanely pigmented with a dreamy texture. I haven’t mustered the courage to wear them as yet but I can imagine they will be as long-lasting as their liquid matte counterparts.
- NYX Strobe of Genius Illuminating Pallette– (Special shoutout to Sana again <3) My favvveee YouTuber KaushalBeauty is always raving about the NYX palettes and one of which is this very strobe palette. The palette comes with a selection of super stunning highlighters, with cool and warm toned shades. I’ve tried a few out and safe to say they are durable AF, having survived my post-work face down nap.
- KIKO Milano Smart Fusion Lipstick- (Big thank you to my MIL! ) I was super amped to get this lipstick because I wanted to check out KIKO my entire trip and just never got a chance. I recieved this in the shade 417 Bordeaux which is a stunning plum colour. This lipstick range is a best-seller from their entire collection and is described as rich and nourishing. Although I wear matte lipsticks most of the time I quite enjoyed the slight sheer of this product and only used a dab of setting powder to keep it from transferring all over my face as non-matte lipsticks usually do. The packaging is lovely too, with an elegant black casing that feels good to the touch.
- Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara- Oops, I probably should’ve issued some kind of mature content warning earlier on in the post but oh well, we’re all adults here (I think). Good golly this mascara is a dream though. I got it at the Sephora in Barcelona and according to all the signs and the assistants, it’s still their best selling Mascara. The result of one stroke is dramatic enough and going in for seconds is just delightful. Though I thoroughly adore it, I don’t think it’s an everyday mascara and still use my old faithful Maybelline Lash Sensational on the daily. It’s definitely more suited for glam make up and comes standard in a super pretty and pink packaging.
- Maybelline Eraser Eye Rewind in Neutraliser- I think most of us know that this concealer is something of a cult favourite. I already own this is the Medium and Honey shades and thought I’d try out the Neutraliser shade. As always I was happy with the texture and coverage of this product though I think the shade itself is not the perfect match as it does well to correct my under-eye discoloration but doesn’t conceal it as well as my other two.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer- I picked this up in the shade Ginger which is a great match for anyone with NC40-42 skin tones. I’ve only used it once as I am aware it is quite a full coverage concealer and best used for a full face of makeup. The coverage really is incredible and I loved the finish. It fared well without using setting powder and didn’t feel heavy despite the high-coverage. This concealer is true to its name and provides a creamy textured product and radiant finish. Definitely worth the hype!
And that’s it. I know I said Mini Review but maybe I lied. Or maybe I really suck at Précis. Either way, I hope this proves to be somewhat useful to anyone on their way to a wonderful country that stocks these.
Till next time,
P.S The NYX palette is available in SA 🙂
P.P.S You can shop a collection of Huda Beauty Liquid Mattes on Takealot 🙂 🙂